Monday, October 22, 2007

Post world cup-fatigue

So we survived this weekend - I really doubted that I would make it! We've been crazy busy with the rugby world cup - luckily my country won!!! And the business I work for did so well. So it's all been worth it in the end. I worked straight through 2 nights and 3 days without any sleep! (or bingeing!!!! That's really something. Usually when my life gets that hectic, I binge just to get through the day and to cope with the stress of having 100000 things to do at once, but now I actually survived without it!!! The pride I'm feeling is immense. Pride and gratuity. )

Anyway, I've never been this tired in my life. My legs feel like they have gelatine inside of them instead of muscles, and my head is swimming. But this weekend has been amazing. I have to admit (although I would NEVER say it out loud!) that I've never been much of a rugby fan - in fact, I think it's a stupid culture that just allows people to be butch and rude and chauvinistic and to abuse alcohol. This weekend, though, for the first time I saw that there's another side to the whole rugby-fan-club - it unites people of ALL racial groups, and THAT's what has been fantastic.

1 comment:

Beth said...

3 days without sleep?! You must be dedicated to your job, what kind of work do you do? I'm sure the only reason you were able to stay alert for so long is because you weren't binging. See? You can do amazing things when you're treating your body better. I do hope you've been able to catch up on the sleep, though!